- dtSearch Corp has been producing search and retrieval software since 1991.
- Hundreds of commercial applications incorporate the dtSearch Engine. (See Case Studies page)
- dtSearch Desktop, dtSearch Network, dtSearch Publish, and dtSearch Web all use the same dtSearch Engine technology that is licensed to developers.
Joining the existing Windows and Linux SDKs, this new Android Engine supports Intel and ARM processors and requires Android 9 (Gingerbread) or later. Featuress Java and C++ APIs.
The Java API is identical to the Windows and Linux versions.
The C++ API is also identical to the Windows and Linux versions, with some feature differences from the Windows version:
- The Language Analyzer API and External File Parser API are not supported
- Regular Expression support is included, using the POSIX Extended syntax. (Windows and Linux both use TR1 regular expressions.)
- RAR support is not included
Unparalleled Intelligent Searching
Provides API access to over twenty five precision search options:
- Search options include synonym/concept/thesaurus, fuzziness adjustable from 0 to 10, Boolean, phrase, wildcard, proximity, stemming, numeric range, regular expressions, natural language relevancy-ranked by hit density and rarity, and variable term weighting.
- Search options can be used alone or in almost any combination (regardless of complexity).
- Uses proprietary indexing and searching algorithms engineered for scalability.
- Indexed search time is generally less than a second.
- Indexing is optimised to maintain consistent speed over even the largest document collections. Over 1Tbyte of data per index.
- Includes unindexed search options for filtering purposes.
Instant Support for Multiple File Types
- Built-in support for PDF, HTML, XML, word processor, database, spreadsheet, e-mail, ZIP, and more.
- Unicode to support all written languages.
- Highlights hits and provides multiple hit and document navigation options in all supported file types.
- For HTML and PDF files, hits are highlighted on the original document, all embedded links, images, and formatting appear exactly as in the original document.
- For other file types, built-in HTML converters generate HTML for hit highlighted display in a Web browser.
Extensive Field and Database Support
- Automatically supports fields, document properties, and summary information (along with full-text searching) in HTML, PDF, MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Complete hierarchical field structures in XML for searching limited to specific combinations of fields and sub-fields (as well as full-text)
- Hit highlighting, as well as multiple hit and file navigation options, in all of the above.
If you would like to evaluate the new Android beta or the existing Linux or Windows SDKs please contact us..